- Accepting disability is a choice. You have the right to say no.
- You are accepted for disability now. In a year, you may very well be ready to return to work. For the next year, you will need to prepare and plan, and if your current career is unsuitable, find one that works for you better.
- The longer you stay on disability, the harder it will be to find a job.
- Disability payments aren’t enough to live on. While you are accepting these payments you will need to spend your savings or apply for handouts.
- The more handouts you receive, the more dependent you will be on those handouts.
I wish they had told me. What about you?