If you feel you are overly concerned about eating or weight, it’s time to shift focus. Here are some thoughts for the day:
- While many on the planet are starving due to lack of access to food, this isn’t because of a planetary food shortage. On this planet we are blessed with abundance. We are cursed with uneven distribution of goods.
- Humans, on a whole, aren’t less healthy. We have shifted our ideals and norms for what healthy is. In some Western countries, what is considered “normal” is becoming narrower in range.
- Is “healthy” the same as “normal”? Can we accept that we are imperfect and always changing and growing?
- Our shift to narrower ideals is a result of the unequal distribution of wealth, power, and knowledge.
- We live in a world where those in power are gaining increasing control over our ideals, our goals, our beliefs, our faith, and our thoughts.
- It doesn’t have to be this way.
- Personal is political. We all have within us the power to fight back.